Anti-Israel Group’s Site Reportedly Posts Bounties on Israeli Academics Globally: ‘Nutcases’

Reports indicate that an anti-Israel group’s website is offering rewards, reaching up to $100,000, for the assassination of Israeli academics globally.

The Jerusalem Post reported that the group, identified as The Punishment for Justice Movement, not only specified individuals with bounties on their heads but also released personal data such as home addresses, email contacts, and phone numbers.

The targeted academics are associated with institutions including Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv University, the Technion public research university in Haifa, as well as Harvard, Oxford universities, and the European Organization for Nuclear Research.

Beyond the $100,000 bounties for “special targets,” $50,000 was offered for the murder of other listed individuals, alongside $20,000 for arson targeting their homes or vehicles, $5,000 for intelligence on a target, and $1,000 for placing protest signs outside their residences.

The outlet reported that the website, established last summer and seemingly originating from the Netherlands, was temporarily offline Friday night but became operational again on Saturday.

According to The Times of Israel, the website, which is in English, accuses its targets of being “criminals and collaborators with the occupation army,” referring to the Israel Defense Forces.

The Jerusalem Post further reported that the site alleges the targets are “distributors of weapons of mass destruction to the Israeli army” and are “involved in the murder of Palestinian children.”

The organization asserted it had issued warnings to the targets, urging them to “abandon criminal activity” and cease cooperation with the Israel Defense Forces; however, it claimed these warnings were disregarded. Consequently, The Times noted, they are now deemed “legitimate targets for the movement.”

Two academics who were targeted informed the Post that no warnings had been received by them. Additionally, several individuals identified at the European Organization for Nuclear Research stated they had not participated in military projects, suggesting the website’s creators may have misinterpreted the term “nuclear.”

A targeted academic told the Post that “The competent government agencies should suggest more comprehensive solutions” beyond merely removing the website, reasoning that “walking around with targets on our heads puts at risk not only us, but also our families.”

Conversely, Michael Bronstein, an Oxford computer science professor, conveyed to the Post his indifference toward the bounty on his life, labeling those issuing threats as “nutcases.”

He further told the Post, “I was profoundly disturbed and shocked that my head was valued so cheaply. Considering my standing in the academic community, I find anything below a seven-figure highly offensive.” He concluded, “I am, however, consoled that I am at least in a good company.”

Fox News Digital reportedly contacted the Israel Defense Forces for comment.

neet